Caregiver Assistance Tips
1. Dial 911 immediately in the event of a stroke
2. A healthy diet is very important when recovering from a stroke. Be sure to consult with doctor regarding recommended dietary needs
3. Be mindful of changes in a patients mood and personality. Frustration and depression are very common post stroke disorders
Knowing the signs and symptoms of a stroke is the first step to ensuring medical help is received in a timely manner. For every minute a stroke goes untreated blood flow to the brain continues to be blocked and a person loses about 1.9 million neurons. A stroke impacts a person’s speech, movement, memory, and livelihood.
Symtoms of Stroke:
1. Sudden numbness or weakness of face, arm or leg, especially on one side of the body
2. Sudden confusion, trouble speaking or understanding
3. Sudden trouble seeing in one or both eyes
4. Sudden trouble walking, dizziness, loss of balance or coordination
5. Sudden severe headache with no known cause
If you want to learn more, please follow this link to Stroke.org.